Customer Service Coordinator
SucSeed is a social enterprise that specializes in hydroponic gardens for classrooms, homes, and communities to encourage a simple, easy, and environmentally sustainable practice that is delicious and rewarding. The company is women-led and women founded and is located in St. John’s, NL.
SucSeed has been gaining customers in the education sector and are consistently adding new school boards and schools to our network. SucSeed has recently launched a new project, The Sustainable Superheroes, which is a set of resources and activities designed to be taught by educators to teach students about the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The team at SucSeed is filled with unique, passionate, hard-working individuals who make the company what it is. The chosen candidate will join a team of incredible people who work hard, but also have fun!
SucSeed is growing our team! We are adding a school coordinator to our team. This is a full-time position for 12 months to be completed primarily at SucSeed’s head office in St. John’s, NL. Flexible working conditions are available and will be discussed with potential candidates during the interview process.
To address the increase in new school boards and schools, we are looking for an energetic go-getter to join our team. The chosen candidate will be responsible for engaging with teachers, school board representatives and other customers after their initial purchase. Tasks will include oversight of the product fulfillment process, delivery process, onboarding process and various customer support that may be requested.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has an interest in customer service and educational outreach, who also wants to do meaningful work. This position is great for someone who enjoys working and learning in a team setting, but is also a self-starter who can work independently when needed.
This role involves maintaining relationships with SucSeed teachers, coordinating orders for schools, and organizing classroom visits. The ideal candidate is organized, passionate and pays attention to detail. If you are someone who loves helping others and has an interest in growing, this is the role for you!
Roles and Duties
- Lead the day-to-day interactions with SucSeed’s customers, including teachers, administration, at-home customers, and community group representatives
- Analyze SucSeed’s customer support and offerings
- Recommend improvements and additions to SucSeed’s current resources and materials for customers
- Create support resources for customers in the school and at-home markets
- Process and fulfill customer orders with the help of other team members
- Assist in onboarding for new teachers growing in the classroom
- Address customer concerns, questions and feedback
- Maintain relationships with existing and new customers
- Work with Team SucSeed on other tasks and projects as needed
Experience and Skills
- Strong communication skills (written and oral english)
- Experience working in collaboration with others
- Knowledge of Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Drive
- Identify as self-motivated and independent when given a project
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage time
- Eagerness to learn and grow
- Post secondary degree in a related field
- Ability to communicate in french
- Knowledge of MailChimp and Canva
- Awareness of UN SDGs, B Corp, and sustainability practices
- Experience working in customer service or customer support
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
SucSeed is committed to fostering a welcoming, respectful and inclusive work environment that celebrates and encourages diversity and inclusion in which all individual differences are celebrated and supported. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, Indigenous status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status or are otherwise marginalized are encouraged to apply. We are committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status, as well as ensuring reasonable accommodations are made for all candidates and employees. Lived experience as a member of any marginalized community is considered an asset.
This job posting is open until April 7, 2022 with a start date in late April. To apply, please fill out the application form below.