Program Lead (Education Programs)
SucSeed is a social enterprise that specializes in hydroponic gardens for classrooms, homes, and communities to encourage a simple, easy, and environmentally sustainable practice that is delicious and rewarding.
SucSeed has recently launched a new project: the Sustainable Superheroes. The initial stages of the project included the creation of activities and educational resources based on the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The person chosen for this position will be responsible for leading the Sustainable Superheroes program, with daily tasks including interacting with teachers, presenting to classes virtually, and coordinating the program.
The team at SucSeed is filled with unique, passionate, hard-working individuals who make the company what it is. The chosen candidate will join a team of incredible people who work hard, but also have fun!
SucSeed is growing our team! We are adding an education lead to our team. This is a full-time position for 12 months to be completed at SucSeed’s head office in St. John’s, NL.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has an interest in educational programming and sustainability, who also wants to do meaningful work. This position is great for someone who enjoys working and learning in a team setting, but is also a self-starter who can work independently when needed.
This role involves leading and coordinating SucSeed’s educational outreach and communication with educators. The ideal candidate is creative, innovative and has an interest in working with youth, engaging with teachers, and spreading awareness of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. If you are someone who loves sharing knowledge and has an interest in learning, this is the role for you!
Roles and Duties
- Lead the day-to-day activities of SucSeed’s educational programming, including SucSeed in the Classroom and the Sustainable Superheroes
- Analyze SucSeed’s current education materials
- Recommend improvements and additions to SucSeed’s current resources and materials
- Create social media content related to education and youth
- Onboard new teachers for educational programming
- Create awareness of SucSeed’s programs and products
- Present to students, classes and groups in a virtual setting
- Work with Team SucSeed on other tasks and projects as needed
Experience and Skills
- Strong communication skills (written and oral english)
- Experience working with youth and/or students in a volunteer or work setting
- Knowledge of Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Drive
- Identify as self-motivated and independent when given a project
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage employees
- Eagerness to learn and grow
- Experience communicating in french (written)
- Knowledge of Mail Chimp, Canva, and social media scheduling software
- Experience with photography and/or videography
- Awareness of the United Nations SDGs, B Corp, and sustainability practices
- Experience managing individuals or teams
This job posting is open until October 1, 2021 with a start date later in October. To apply, please fill out the following application form: https://forms.gle/cELU96iHGLfBYkZVA