Website Development Position
Website Development Position
Work Structure: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Location: Mount Pearl, NL
Salary: Hourly pay. $16.00/hour
Start Date: November 23, 2020
Applications Open Until: November 10, 2020
SucSeed exists to bring hydroponics into classrooms and homes to encourage a simple, easy, and environmentally sustainable practice that is delicious and rewarding. SucSeed creates hydroponic garden kits to provide classrooms, offices, and households with everything they need to grow from seed to harvest. SucSeed is looking to increase usability, conversion rates, and customer satisfaction with our online store. Through this, we hope to engage more customers, provide a better experience to those customers, and increase revenue in doing so.
SucSeed is looking to hire a Website Development Intern. This is a full time 6-month contract position. This job requires working closely with the Marketing Manager, our marketing consultant and other SucSeed employees. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with creative individuals to generate ideas, and implement them through a new website launch. Our current online store runs through Shopify, which offers an easy-to-use platform for people of all experience levels.
We’re looking for someone who can bring creativity and passion to the team while collaborating at times, and working independently other times. The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to complete a full website relaunch from conception to implementation, work with experienced marketing professionals, and become a member of a dedicated, hardworking team.
- Assess and research SucSeed’s current suppliers and potential items that could be produced in-house by SucSeed
- Research local options that could be available for creating SucSeed components
- Trial a variety of options for different parts that could be a more affordable option, creating a larger profit margin
- Before COVID-19 our focus was on selling into the educational system. Due to COVID-19 we are exploring shifts that we can make in the market. Research and assist the SucSeed team in identifying new market fits for SucSeed Gardens
- After conducting R&D, make a recommendation on if SucSeed should produce more of their parts in house and if there are additional items they could be producing to improve plant growth.
- Test and trail plant growth with a variety of nutrient, light, and growth medium combinations
- A post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Procurement, Commerce or related degree
- A strong knowledge of marketing, design, website layout, and website analytics
- A strong commitment to a learner/community centred educational approach
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Creative thinker willing to explore new ideas, techniques and approaches
- Capable of working effectively in collaboration with others, as well as independently
- Demonstrated ability to write in a clear and consistent style with grammatical accuracy
- Competency in Google Suites, or Google Classroom
- Experience with website design, website development
- Experience using Shopify
- Experience with hydroponics/indoor growing
- Passion for sustainability and eco-friendly practices